Monday, February 6, 2012

Site News and Updates Feb. 2012

Hello again friends and readers. I thank you as usual for continuing to support this little trash heap of a film site and I and striving to improve with each review, I know I have been somewhat lacking on activity here as of late and I have my reasons as things have been and are continuing to be kinda glum here in my life but , I will try my best to keep up the work here as long as my internet doesn't get shut off in the near future. First off I would like to express that I have noticed something that has become somewhat of a pattern with my reviews and since it was brought to my attention as well I am going to aim to fix the issue. I have noticed that I seem to be going a little too easy on some of these films and allot end up getting the middle ground rating of 6 out of 10 way too often. Sometimes I really do not believe a film deserves a rating that high but I buckle and give the film a higher rating then deserved due to my personal fondness and memories of the film as a child or whatever the case may be , for example Bikini Carwash. I know y no means is this a good film and I gave it's sequel a more accurate and deserving rating of 3 out of 10. However I allowed my personal memories to get in the way of trashing the first installment, I notice that way too many films are getting the 6 and I have decided that from now on I am going to try and put all personal fondness of a film aside for the most part and be more critical on films as this is after all a review site and I would like to be taken at least somewhat serious as a reviewer of odd cinema.
                Secondly, It is February  again and that means Black history Month. So beginning this week I will once again be focusing on Blaxploitation cinema for a bit. I may not get as many reviews up as I did last year due to my time and job hunting as well as it is harder too find rare ones now since I pretty much got to most of the rarities I have in my collection, but I will be doing some hunting over the next few days in order to provide some insight on the lesser known gems of the genre. After the Blaxploitation films I will be getting back to what i intended to start this site for originally and that is rare horror though because I have also noticed that the slasher and gore has been certainly lacking on this site as of late and I will make it up to all the folks out there who are fellow horror hounds like myself.
                         Thank you all for the continuous support and I am going to aim to make 2012 a big year for my site and also to please all the readers and fans of strange cinema out there.
                                                                           Nathaniel (Dick Swift) Guest

No comments:

Post a Comment