Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Recent Pick up's and random stuff.

I again would like to take this time to thank all the readers as my little site here has reached 1,500 views which I know is not much of a milestone but it means allot to me. So thank you and I hope you continue to enjoy my rants. February is coming to a close and I will be Finishing my Blaxploitation History month soon, Although I may take a brief break from the genre to review a film I have been anxiously waiting for, "Tucker and Dale v.s. Evil. I will probably watch that tomorrow and perhaps cram another Blaxploitation in as well just to keep the theme going. I recentyl obtained some copies of quite a few japanese gore flicks and some odd newer U.S. films I had not heard of too. Here is a list of my most recent purchases and scores via the interweb.

DVD:
Three the Hard Way ( I had been looking for this film for what seems like forever and I am glad I bought it, You can check my review here on the site)

Black Shampoo ( I Loved this film enough to hunt down a copy of it for my shelf, Again you can check my review for it here , Truly an odd one but I liked it for some reason)

Sweet Sweetback's Baadassss Song ( Only bought it because I wanted to review it and it is a classic so I had to add it to my Shelf, Not sure How I fell about this one after re watching it after I reviewed it.)

Scores:
 Tucker and Dale V.S. Evil : I don't know what to expect from this one as it as yet to be officially released but judging by the trailer I have seen , I have some very high hopes for this one.

Alice in Murderland: I know nothing of this one and had never even heard of it prior to picking it up, Fingrs are crossed, But it looks awful.

Bikini Girls on Ice: I picked this one up on the name alone, It's gotta be awesome right?

Meet The Feebles: Early Peter Jackson film featuring muppet like creatures as the entire cast. I remember watching this when I was younger and enjoying it. Here's hoping It stands the test of time. Most of his earlier films do though so I am not worried

Sorority House Massacre 1 and 2: Slumber party Massacre Knock off's that have become increasingly harder to find as the years go by. I will be reviewing these soon.

Also picked up some J-Gore films that peaked my interest

Robo Geisha
Mutant Girl Squad ( From the makers of Tokyo Gore Police)
Zombie Hunter:Rika
Maid Droid
Sukeban Boy ( From the makers of Machine Girl)
 All of these looked interesting and you should know how I love the over the top J-Gorror cinema,To me it is the closest thing to early Troma films you can get these days. I wish trom still made films like these. I miss the old Splatter Punk films of the late 80's to early 90's.

Anyway this as kind of a pointless rant. So again , I just wanted to thank all the readers out there for supporting my site and please people leave some comments, suggestions, and requests for fimls you would like to see me review.  Oh yeah and if you are a repeat reader please Subscribe, it means allot to me.
                                                                      Thanks,
                                                                                 Nathaniel (Dick Swift) Guest

No comments:

Post a Comment